Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Untitled Sea

you're only as good as your mind
wasting time as it goes walking by
something dark behind those blue eyes
waiting to pounce
and you didn't waste an ounce of time on me
not one minute or one second of memories
behind the waves of sound
the wind beats the summer trees
brings us to our bloody knees
a thousand miles of traveling
to soothe an empty soul
within our fingers and our rings
hold powerful bolts of lightening
to hide the dark and gloomy things
we all will take our lives
to end our suffering

thought I was your son
I've never really felt like one
alone on an empty sea
yes, that's all I'll ever be
alone on my own empty sea
I think I'll name it after me

Not that there was ever much to give
it's all gone now
ripped apart inside me somehow
we sat on a bench looking over the water
and fell apart from each other
you can't keep what never was
you can't try and remove us
when there never was
sometimes our worst fears arrive
ambling along in security
watch out
you may only make it out alive

always wanted to be a son
instead of a lonely one
on an empty sea
yes, that's all I'll ever be
wanted to name it after me
but forgot

No comments:

Post a Comment